Our Inspection Services
Orlando’s Home Inspection Industry Leader
Aerial Drone Roof Inspections – Phantom 2 Professional
Closer Look Inspections is now offering Aerial Drone roof inspections as a no-charge service. This service is provided using the Phantom 2 Professional aerial drone HD camera to visually inspect the roof, its components, and roof penetrations. Federal Aviation Administration rules currently allow aerial drones to be used beyond 5 miles of an airport. When FAA regulations permit, we will use this technology because its high-definition photography, maneuverability, and hover capability produce a better roof inspection.
Infrared (Thermal) Imaging – FLIR Cameras, Thermometers, and Moisture Meters
Thermal, or infrared energy, is light that is not visible to the human eye; it’s part of the electromagnetic spectrum that we perceive as heat. Thermal (infrared) imaging cameras form images using infrared radiation in a manner similar to the way a conventional camera forms images using visible light. Different colors correspond to different temperatures, so an inspector is able to identify areas that are abnormally hot or cold. These images can be an indication of moisture behind walls, missing insulation, or even the presence of insects because of the heat image their bodies produce. Thermometers measure the surface temperature of hot, unsafe, or hard-to-reach surfaces. Moisture meters detect moisture content as a percentage of moisture in materials such as wall and ceiling materials, wood, flooring, and cabinetry. Thermal cameras and moisture meters greatly aid in identifying areas that need further investigation or remediation. Basic Thermal “Spot” images are a “no cost” service. Full Thermal Scan of a home is based on per hour charges.
Air Quality (Mold Test) Samples – testing by Certified Inspector and Medical Lab
Our inspector can test your home for increased levels of toxic spores and have those air samples tested by a professional medical lab to give you a definitive assessment of the air quality in a home. This becomes very important after water has inundated a home or its systems because toxic mold thrives out of sight inside drywall, insulation and air ducts. We measure the home’s indoor air quality to pinpoint any mold that is present and its source. With this information our Clients can determine the appropriate response. Air Quality Testing prices are based on the number of samples required.
Every Home Inspection Includes the Following Inspection Services:
- Roof: Covering, Trim, Vents, Flashing, Chimney, Dormers, Skylights, Eaves, Soffits, Fascia Boards, Attic, Trusses
- Electrical: Service panel, meter, main disconnect, breakers, outlets, switches, GFCI and AFCI Outlets, Fixtures
- Rain Protection: Gutters, Downspouts, Grading, Overall property drainage
- Surrounding Components: Driveways, Walkways, Retaining Walls
- Structural: Exposed Structure, Foundation, Framing, Exterior Covering, Windows, Crawlspaces
- Garage: Garage Door, Electronic Opener, Safety Sensors
- Exterior Deck Components: Stoops, Porches, Railings, Patios, Pool, Pool Equipment, Pool Deck, Screen
- Interior: Walls, Floors, Floor Coverings, Ceilings, Doors, Stairs, Railings, Appliances and their operation
- Plumbing: Waste and Supply lines in Kitchen, Bath, Laundry Room, Outdoor Kitchen, Fixtures
- Fireplace: Damper Operation, Exposed Flue and Hearth
- Systems: Heating and Air Conditioning, Water Heating, Gas Meter